ASP.NET Zero is based on .Net Framework 4.6.1/.Net Core 2.0 (cross-platform support), which means that the project base will function within the most advanced technologies from Microsoft. ASP.NET Zero is an effective solution for creating web and mobile applications. ASP.NET Zero is an intelligent and mature framework. ASP.NET Zero is perfect for small and medium-sized businesses, which faces the task of quickly and qualitatively developing the project with limited time and resources. Therefore, we recommend you pay attention to this framework since its use provides a number of significant advantages.
What is ASP.NET Zero?
ASP.NET Zero is a ready-made solution which can be a great starting point for most standard web applications as it saves a lot of time and effort which is required during the initial phases of any web application. It is thoughtfully crafted to provide a perfect foundation for enterprise & SaaS applications.
ASP.NET Zero comes with a ready-made admin panel which has all the important and common functionalities required for a system like:
- User Login and Authentication
- Roles Management
- Users Management
- Permissions Management
- Audit Log
- General System Settings like Time Zone etc.
- Exception Handling
Hence, with all these common application requirements already available as a pre-built Visual Studio solution (with full source code), you can immediately proceed to the main development part of the application. You don’t need to spend your valuable time re-working on all these functionalities.
ASP.NET Zero is a solution designed exclusively for small- and medium-sized projects. It suits them perfectly. However, it can easily be adapted for larger projects as well, due to unlimited possibilities of functional expansion. Data security is also at the highest level.
Features of ASP.NET Zero?
Some of the key features of ASP.NET Zero are:
ASP.NET Zero provides multiple solutions for your needs and these are:
- NET Core 2.x and Angular 8.x based Single-Page Application (SPA) solution with .NET Framework 4.6.1 / .NET Core options
- NET Core 2.x and jQuery based solution with .NET Framework 4.6.1 / .NET Core options
- NET MVC 5.x, Web API and AngularJS 1.x based Single-Page Application (SPA)
- NET MVC 5.x and jQuery based solution
- XAMARIN mobile application integrated with the backend solution
- NET Core/MVC based application for your public web site
ASP.NET Zero follows layered and modular architecture with clean and precise source code. It also has:
- Domain Driven Design implementation
- Dependency injection everywhere
Based on Strong Frameworks:
It is built on tools that are already known to most developers worldwide like:
- .NET Framework 4.6.x / .NET Core 2.x (cross-platform support)
- NET Core / ASP.NET MVC & Web API
- Entity Framework Code-First and Migrations
- Angular, Bootstrap, AutoMapper
Authentication and Authorization:
ASP.NET Zero has rich login options and complete authorization system. In terms of Authentication and Authorization, some of the key points are:
- Based on ASP.NET Identity Framework
- User & role management pages
- Hierarchical organization units system to group users and entities
- User login, register, password-reset, and email validation pages
- User, role, and permission-based flexible authorization
- User and Tenant impersonation
- User account linking
- Two Factor Authentication (Email, SMS, Google Authenticator)
- User Lockout
- LDAP/Active Directory login support
- Active Directory Federation Service (ADFS) Authentication
- Social media logins (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Microsoft Account implemented)
- OpenId Connect Authentication
- Log and show all login attempts for users
- Password complexity settings
- Automatic Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) protection
- IdentityServer4 integration
Multi-Tenancy is also implemented in ASP.NET Zero which is very important as it provides a perfect foundation for SaaS Applications. It includes:
- Tenant and Edition (package) management for SaaS applications
- Subscriptions management
- PayPal and Stripe Integration
- Basic invoice for payments
- Dashboard for edition, tenant & income statistics
- Single database, database per tenant and hybrid database support
- Custom tenant logo and CSS support
Moreover, it can work in the single-tenant mode as well.
Rapid Application Development:
ASP.NET Zero has a powerful tool which is capable of creating an entity from database to the user interface by just defining its properties. It also has to template support to generate customized code.
Dynamic UI Localization:
You have complete control of the localization in your application. Also,
- Add, remove, translate languages can all be done on UI.
- RTL and LTR support included.
- English, Chinese, German, French, Italian, Russian, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Spain), Turkish and Arabic localizations are already included.
Easily configurable Host and Tenant specific Setting pages are part of pre-built functionalities of ASP.NET Zero. Moreover, it also supports hierarchical setting management infrastructure.
ASP.NET Zero is based on the Metronic UI theme which is the most trusted UI theme in the world. It also:
- Is Bootstrap based
- Has Responsive design
- Has Multiple layout options
ASP.NET Zero provides API for clients which are:
- HTTP/REST API for all the application functionalities.
- GraphQL API infrastructure for 3rd-party clients.
It automates repeating tasks which are:
- Exception Handling
- Automatic audit/security logging
Automatic database connection management and unit of work implementation
Testing is one of the most important tasks of development. Hence, keeping that in view, ASP.NET Zero:
- Provides Testable Architecture
- Includes unit & integration test written with xUnit
ASP.NET Zero also provides the option to develop integrated, cross-platform mobile applications using Xamarin. It is integrated with backend API and it also provides infrastructure for common development tasks.
And some of the other highlights of ASP.NET Zero are:
- Real-time push notification system (with SignalR integration)
- A real-time chat system (with SignalR integration)
- Background job system (with Hang fire integration)
- Multiple time zone support for application, tenants, and users
- Built-in global event bus for server-side events (with pre-defined events for entity changes)
- Show and download logs from UI
- Application setup screen
- Personalization of layout, header, menu, and footer per user
- Swagger Integration
In a nutshell, ASP.NET Zero is an effective resolution for building web and mobile apps. Full source code is obtained from it and based on the business idea and need, it can be changed as desired. Go ahead as per the need and turn a business idea into an awesome application for others to use and get a feel of your idea. Focus on your business code and keep going!
Hopefully, this article will help you make the right decision. Techtics has been providing quality ASP.NET Zero development services to global clients. You will save your great deal of time as well as money by hiring our fervent. Hire ASP.Net Zero Application Developers that will provide the perfect solution to your business issues.
Therefore, if you are looking for custom application development services, then just get in touch with us today. Our experts will provide you with a free consultation.